Thank you to all our members that volunteered their time to get the “Yes Twice” vote out! It couldn’t have happened without all of you. Here is how our members helped:
· Helped Raise money for the referendum. EPEA and teachers donated approximately $9,500.00
· Knocked on doors and distributed door hangers and spoke with residents to ID yes voters
· Called parents at different sites to identify “yes” voters
· Called all Education Minnesota members to identify “yes” voters
· Called other union members to identify “yes” voters
· Called “yes” voters to remind them to vote.
· Supplied cell phones for calling efforts
· Encouraged our neighbors and colleagues to vote on November 4th.
Thank You – From Superintendent Tryggestad
We are both relieved and thankful the referendum passed. Thank you to all who were involved in the effort. The overwhelming support could not have happened without the time and dedication many of you donated. Now we move forward with the important student investments we promised during the campaign.
The new investments will include:
· Lowering class sizes in kindergarten and first grade to targets of 20 students per class at all elementary schools.
· Hiring reading and math specialists in grades 2-6.
· Investing in professional development for implementing personalized learning strategies in grades 2-12.
The hiring process for teachers and specialists will take place this spring, and new staff will be expected to start in the fall of 2015. All these investments align with the district’s strategic plan, and forward our mission of inspiring each learner.